Sargent`s 281 Series Door Closers are a cut above the competition. They are Grade 1, non handed and one piece cast iron body.
The 281 Series Powerglide is ideally suited for:
• Schools maintaining `cast iron` specs
• Hospitals maintaining `cast iron` specs.
Features and Benefits:
• ANSI/BHMA Grade 1 (A156.4)
• Meets Buy America Act
• Conforms to UL10C and UBC for positive pressure fire test
• Versatile mounting applications permit standard, top jamb, parallel and track installations.
• UL and CUL listed for use on fire doors.
• Adjustable spring power allows 281 closers a size range of 1 through 6. They are adjusted to size 3 before leaving the factory.
• One door closer body for all applications, non-handed.
• ADA requirements are met with the 281 model at all applications except track.
• Standard pressure relief valves for both opening and closing cycles protect the closer seals and all hardware from excessive force.
• Self adhesive heavyduty mounting bracket for easy installation without additional paper template.
• Fits both Sargent 250 and 1250 Series hole pattern for easy retrofit.
• High impact non-corrosive plastic covers standard, metal optional utilizing same templating.
• Cover secured by machine screws.
• All weather fluid.
• Allen wrench controlled spring adjustment mechanism.
• Captivated brass valves.