A general purpose quality grade aluminum door closer.
The 1430/1431 Series Powerglide is ideally suited for:
• Interior or exterior doors
• Manufacturing facilities
Features and Benefits:
• ANSI/BHMA A156.4 Grade 1
• Back Check Standard
• Cast Aluminum 1 piece body.
• Forged steel arms.
• Conforms to standards UL10C and UBC 7-2 (1997). Positive Pressure Fire Test.
• Versatile mounting applications permit standard, top jamb, parallel and track installations.
• Adjustable Spring Power allows the 1430 closers a size range of 3 through 6 and typically used on exterior doors. They are adjusted to size 3 before leaving the factory. The 1431 closers are adjustable from size 1 through 4 and typically used on interior doors. They are adjusted to size 1 before leaving the factory.
• Full rack and pinion provides control from the full open position.
• High performance aluminum body is constructed from a carefully selected aluminum silicon alloy to accommodate the door closer characteristics increasing the body strength and wear resistance.
• Total engineering concept has provided an extremely efficient closer giving increased closing power with today`s required lower opening forces.
• ADA requirements are met easily with the 1431 model and the 1430 model in selected applications.
• Key control valves offer separate requlating for door speed, latching, backcheck and optional delayed action. Each valve is labeled for easy identification.
• All control valves are easily accessible located on the front of the closer body.
• All valves are controlled by a 1/8 inch Allen wrench to discourage tampering.
• Patent pending valve design offer the ultimate weather compensating feature.
• Adjustable backcheck, standard,protects the door and hardware from damage during the opening cycle.
• Adjustable delayed action, optional, permits easy access for the physically impaired individual.
• Standard pressure relief valves for both the backcheck and delayed action features protect the closer seals and all the hardware from excessive force.
• High impact non corrosive covers are manufactured from strong impact resistant material that is flame retardant (metal covers optional). All covers secured by machine screws.
• Heavy duty forged steel arms are finely finished and interchangeable between the 1430 closer and Sargent`s 1250, 250 and 350 closers series. The cold formed arms (RO & RP9) are unique to the 1430 series and not interchangeable with the other closers.