Exceeds ANSI Grade 1 standard for auxiliary locks. Solid brass, free turning collar and 1/4 inch diameter mounting bolts resist wrenching, prying and hammering attacks. 1 inch throw hardened steel bolt resists sawing and crowbar attacks. Hardened steel inserts and rotating pins provide drill and pick resistance according to UL 437 standard. The Medeco3 design offers a utility patent that provides protection against unauthorized key duplication.
Features & Benefits:
• Bolt mechanism designed to accommodate both mortise and drive-in applications, which provide greater flexibility and ease of installation.
• Solid brass collar spins under pressure to prevent wrench attacks.
• Large thumbturn provides ease of use by physically challenged individuals.
• Steel shroud over bolt protects against “ice pick” type attacks.
• High security strike plate has a special box design with 2” screws that anchor the strike directly to the building structure behind the frame, preventing “kick-in” type attacks.
• Hardened steel bolt and bolt throwing mechanism are surrounded by heavy-gauge tubular steel housing for maximum resistance to crowbar attacks.
• Solid brass design is secured with high-tensile steel mounting bolts for maximum resistance against hammer and prying attacks.
• Utility patented key control, (for cylinders that incorporate the Medeco3 design), provides protection against the unauthorized duplication of keys.
• A special elevating and rotating pin tumbler design, along with false slots on the bottom pins, mushroom top pins and a sidebar mechanism, work together, to provide superior pick resistance.
• Angled cuts on the keys, along with fore and aft positioning, and the reciprocal slider of the Medeco3 design, provide added dimensions that dramatically increases key combinations and enables Medeco® to produce some of the largest master key systems in the industry.
• Hardened steel inserts, positioned in critical areas of the cylinder, provide a high degree of drill resistance.
• 8 different finishes provide an extremely close color match with existing hardware.
• UL437 listing provides assurance that cylinders meet universal standards for drill and pick resistance and resistance against other types of forced attack.